SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

Where + how to plant? Brugs, Datura, Nicandra, 4 OClocks?

Hi,

I have some seedlings of plants I have never grown before and I have no idea where to put them. I thought brugs were for full sun and then I read on a post that they prefer morning sun, so I am confused. I also am debating, in the ground or in a pot? If I want to try overwintering them, wouldn't it be a lot of trouble to dig them up?

Datura, is full sun right? If I put those in containers, how large will they get and do you put them in a container by themselves?

Nicandra, I am also thinking these go by themselves in a container, is that right? How many seedlings will I need for a 20" pot? Do these grow in full sun, part sun, or shade? How tall do they get?

Four oclocks, I have whiskey barrels I am growing pole beans in and I wanted to edge them with 4 oclocks. Then I read in another post that they will get 4 ft tall! So I can switch that to nasturtiums for sure, but where should I put the 4 oclocks? In the ground, or a container? Do they really get 4ft tall? I haven't started the seed yet, is that too late? If I put them in the ground do I have to be careful of them reseeding? Sun or part sun or shade is best?

Thanks for any info you can offer.. :-)

Comments (21)