SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunshine8_gw

New to bulbs - why aren't some of mine coming up?

sunshine8
18 years ago

I bought some bulbs from my friend's son last fall who was selling them for a school fundraiser. I bought tulips and daffodils. I am in SE Michigan and am noticing quite a few of the tulips popping through, but only 2 of the daffodils (I know I planted many more than that, but can't remember the exact number). Do they sometimes come up at different times or is it likely that only 2 are going to come up? They're only about 3 inches or so out of the ground right now, but I don't see any others. I planted them in my mulch bed which is well-drained (facing west and doesn't get a lot of sun yet, except in late afternoon).

The bulbs, by the way, were HUGE. I don't know anything about bulbs. I planted them just like the directions said to do - the correct distance and depth. I buried them and watered them well. One thing - I didn't bury them until late October - does that matter?

Also, could or should I fertilize the new life coming up now to help them out? If so, could I just use Miracle Grow?

Thanks for your help,

Jane

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio