SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zen_man

It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 25

zen_man
10 years ago

Hello everyone,

Welcome to this ongoing message thread. Once again, the previous part of this continuing series, It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 24, has become rather long and slow to load or read, so we are continuing the series here for yet another fresh start.

The same guidelines apply here. Anything remotely related to zinnias is fine. Now that warmer weather is upon many of us, we can start preparing for our zinnia gardens. As always, if you have any related pictures, you are invited to post them.

In order to get a somewhat earlier start in my outdoor zinnia garden, I constructed a third low tunnel, and populated all three tunnels with in-ground plantings of zinnias. This is a view from the West looking East.

{{gwi:6187}} This is a view of the same three tunnels, looking at them from the East side.

{{gwi:6188}} I do have some small zinnia seedlings growing in those tunnels, along with a good stand of Lamb's Quarter weed seedlings. My weeding work is "cut out for me" as soon as I remove the covers of the low tunnels.

I am continuing my recent practice of having larger pictures available when you click on my posted pictures. When the larger picture opens in its own window, you can hit the F11 key to hide that window's heading, which makes the entire window available to the picture. When you are finished viewing the picture, you can hit the F11 key again to reveal the window's heading, making it convenient to close the window so that you will be back here in this message thread.

More later. It is cold and rainy here for the next few days, so I am busy saving seeds from my indoor zinnias.

ZM

Comments (106)