SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikkitx

From backyard to balcony shock

18 years ago

Hey there!! I have been lurking on this forum for about a week. I have gone from a huge front yard and even bigger backyard to a 4x8 balony. I had to leave so many of my babies i cried for days. I see that many of you go vertical. I would like to use one vine but I just CAN'T give up the few roses i have left or even my cantankerous gardenia. My balcony gets s se exposure. My roses have a good flush. So I must get enough sun. My crepe myrtle is even budding out. (thankfully she's just 2 seasons old.) Any suggestions? Here's what I do have;; Crepe Myrtle(lavender), Gardenia, Purple Oxalis, Queen Palm(actually house plant but I have her outside for now) Bamboo, Hens & Chicks, Flying Saucer Coreopsis, 5 Pots of various Mums, Devils Trumpet Datura, Angel Face, Pink Peace, Brandy, unknown China Rose, Unknown Pink Mini Rose, unknown Red Mini Rose, Black Jade Mini Rose. Barrel Cactus(just a baby) and Texas Cactus (3 paddles high). These were all that survived my frantic digging and potting, then moving in a hot truck. I Figured out VERY quickly that with space this limited I really don't get to have babies that "might" go somewhere. I'm trying to cope. On the bright side I have this AWESOME atrium that i can winterize anything in! So on that note, anyone have any ideas?

Nikki~

P.S. Some of your balconies are just lovely.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz