SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chloeasha

Spring puttering

chloeasha
10 years ago

Or perhaps that should be late spring puttering, but with the odd weather this spring, I feel like spring is just starting now.

I am sure I'm not the only one who goes out and looks at stuff which probably doesn't need to be looked at, and notes each little change. Big notes for today-- I think my gingers are coming back and I spotted fully emerged tuberoses. My onions and thyme are blooming.

Things I am worried about: my achimenes hasn't come up yet, it looks like I may have lost two of my passifloras (leaving me with one very happy one), and my gloriosa lilies still seem to be asleep. My streptocarpella became too cold and yellowed, but it is growing back green and has put out a few flower buds so i think it will make it.

I also think I spotted some thrips :/ They are on a plant I received as a trade over the winter. Maybe they came with it. I snipped and tossed the thripy ends.

My nasturtium seedlings are slowly growing. I want them to grow faster so i get somewhere with them prior to the heat setting in and killing them. My double nasturtium has two nearly open buds on it now.

The cobaea is trying to take over the world. I approve. I will need to string up a trellis soon though.

I went out with the scissors and trimmed each dying leaf end from my bulbs. I really wish more things would bloom so I wasn't out there like a crazy person with scissors.

Comments (28)

Sponsored