SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginamarina101

BAD Bugholes & thin garden stakes

ginamarina
19 years ago

I'm so mad. I used up the rest of my sand mix to make some "really nice" stepping stones. I didn't want any aggregate getting stuck in hummingbird's beak or anything. I patted and patted, waited 2 days, and they are absolutely unusable. Totally filled with pinholes, the worst I've ever seen. I guess I definately need to go wetter with the sand mix. Is there any possible way of saving these? has anybody had any luck? there are too many to just rub in some new mortar... :-( waaahhh!

Also, I bought molds for garden stakes, shaped kind of like ping-pong paddles. They are so thin, maybe 5/8" thick. The first batch broke right out of the mold. Then I mixed 1:1 with portland and sand. they seem to be ok, but the first thing my boyfriend did was put pressure on the stake part to "test" it - and of course, it snapped right off. I was so mad! Are these molds useless? I'm thinking if the first thing someone wants to do is try to snap the stake part off, I will have a lot of broken junk - which I don't need any more of!

Any ideas are appreciated~~

Gina

Comments (18)

Sponsored