SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlyh108

My self seeded Vinca has leaves that are yellow with dark spots

kimberlyh108
17 years ago

I have had wonderful luck with Vinca in the past - last year I planted a few flats and the individual plants grew to be 2 feet tall (they looked like shrubs)! I allowed then to go to seed before I pulled them and this spring I had more Vinca seedlings than I knew what to do with! Since I had a few bare spots I filled in areas with a flat I purchased. In a section of my flower bed the Lantana is thriving but the Vinca are already going to seed (about 1 month early) and the leaves are yellowing and falling off, and a few of the leaves have dark spots. What could be causing this and should I leave the plants with the yellow leaves alone and let them them go to seed or should I pull them in case the plants aren't healthy and could cause next year's seedlings to have the same problems? The plants were great until about 2 weeks ago, and I can't figure out what went wrong! Any ideas and/or input will be appreciated!

Also, the seeds that have have fallen have already started to germnate and seedlings are coming up thoughout the flower bed. Will they die when we have our first freeze, or will they be viable along with the other seeds that haven't started to germinate yet? It's probably a silly question, but I wondering!

Comment (1)