SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ckoeppel

Which color scheme?

Cindy Koeppel
9 years ago
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best for a transitional decor?

Comments (864)

• auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    http://www.pinterest.com/cetee/bedside-carafes/

Take a look at these. Actually I need a new one bc mine is chipped on carafe. I put mouthwash in the carafe. Mine has a top on the carafe. Then the tumbler....it doesn't look match match, actually functions for both purposes and doesn't end up looking like a toothbrush holder. What do ya think?
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    Did you get the bright yellow birdie print?
  • Related Discussions

Which color scheme looks best on our 1940s home? (see pics)

Q

Comments (3)
    I like #2, with the gold-yellow door and the gray-taupe colors. Why? I dunno, the colors and the intensities just seem to harmonize very nicely., and the paint colors relate best to the brick colors. At least on my monitor that's how it looks! Looking at it from the front I dont know if its the classic 1920s bungalow - looks sort of 40s-50s to me?
    ...See More

Please suggest an external color

Q

Comments (8)
    I agree the current paint scheme is a little too precious for such a handsome house. How about going with warm neutrals that work with the brick & roof color too? I uploaded your house photo to Sherwin William's site & tried a warm neutral. Not saying this color is "it" but at least you can get an idea if you'd like to go in this direction or not.
    ...See More

Help deciding which“size” & which color scheme gallery wall to create!

Q

Comments (11)
    I have a gallery wall because I have too much art to display any other way. It is much more eclectic than any of the above inspiration pics, as it includes photos, paintings, wood-block prints, and a wood-burned piece, in a variety of colors and sizes (from 4"x4" to 30"x36"). There are white, wood, black, and gold frames. I laid everything out digitally before hanging, and what I found was that the key was balance. My two white frames are at opposite ends of the display, wood frames are scattered throughout, etc. I tried to balance colors as well, so for example red is scattered throughout. You want to balance the visual weight of things, which can be affected by the composition, color, and the presence of a mat. It's definitely harder to make a gallery wall work when you have a mix of pieces. And I'm sure some people would think my wall is too chaotic, but it pleases me.
    ...See More

Black or Blue Shutters?

Q

Comments (12)
    Thank you all for your comments! I thought the house would look off balance without the shutters actually, making the bedroom window look smaller than it already is so I plan on keeping the shutters. I really didn't like the color of the current siding which is a beige color and really want to paint it a shade of white but yet concerned about the trims fading into the siding. I do agree that the existing landscaping could be improved on. The shrubs came with the house we bought and we do plan to replace them with some fragrant english roses and russian sage when we can finally move on to redesigning the landscape - front and back.
    ...See More
  • User
    9 years ago
    I always give my guests a glass to use, if you found one that matches, I think it would be great. I'd never give a guest the means to pour water over my bedside table, drinking glass for the bathroom only.
    Cindy Koeppel thanked User
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    Yes, my idea was to use it in the bathroom with mouthwash in the carafe...but I don't suppose I'd want watermarks on my furniture. I don't give people the credit I used to!!! Ha ha! I do still get mortified at how people are with even their own stuff! !! They didnt have my mama obviously.
  • armygirl1987
    9 years ago
    I agree with bluenan as I got one when I did my room and clumsy self at night broke the top of the carafe and now it has no top.
  • Joanne Maurer
    9 years ago
    I like the second one with the blue.
  • armygirl1987
    9 years ago
    Hey hon how are things going?
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    Did you choose paint? A bird print? The finalized towel collection? How is that fabulous suite?
  • Cindy Koeppel
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Sorry guys I haven't been online much. We have been going through a dreadful family crisis and it has been anything but fun. Needless to say the room has come to a hault until our nightmare is over. Thanks for thinking of me I will post later. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
  • User
    9 years ago
    Will do, be strong....
  • soto01
    9 years ago
    Praying for you and your family......
    Cindy Koeppel thanked soto01
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    CK, please take care of yourself. I'm so sorry for the hardship your family is going through. Ill be keeping you close in my thoughts. And thank you for letting us know.
    Cindy Koeppel thanked auntiebuzzybee
  • Cindy Koeppel
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you! All of you and your friendship mean the world to me. I am just trying to take one day at a time and praying for the best outcome.
  • Toni
    9 years ago
    One day at a time is a good plan. You're in my prayers and thoughts...
    Cindy Koeppel thanked Toni
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    IIii
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    I just want you to know that I think of you often and hope that your heart is holding up during this terrible time. I hope all is improving and that you are taking care of yourself. All this here and us, we will wait. Just to say I'm keeping you close.
  • PRO
    Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
    9 years ago
    The yellow & gray is more a transitional color scheme and along with the furniture create a warm serene bedroom!
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    Interior affairs, HELLO PRO, I do believe we are past that point. A little sensitivity would be appropriate here. Please be aware of status of threads before blindly commenting for points.
  • Cindy Koeppel
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi, I am back (sort of). Auntie, thank you so much for your support and love. It means the world to me, it truly does. We are still facing struggles but we are praying everday things will get back to normal. My youngest daughter suffers from severe depression and alcoholism. We as parents have experienced a family's worst nightmare. I know God only gives you what you can handle, but this year has been too much. Not only have we been to hell and back with our daughter's depression and dealing with a situation no one wants to face, but she also recently contracted a rare, slow growing bacterial infection in her brain and all over her skull. She had multiple abscesses that needed to be drained before any surgery could take place. That was an ordeal in itself and then the surgery followed. She works in infectious diseases at the Polyclinic and contracted the infection starting this past February. Now we are facing other issues with her drinking problem. Oddly enough my husband and I don't drink, so this is all new to both of us. It is a scary, sad walk in the park. She needs many, many prayers.

Anyway, I was recenly gifted with a canvas print by my mother for the new bedroom. I want to get your opinions on if you think it goes with the style of the room and if it is suitable for above the bed.

I also bought an ivory colored garbage can and soap dispenser with the Moroccan muted design. They also have them in white. While I love the accessories I can't decide on which color is best.

Thanks to everyone for all your thoughts, comments, and prayers. I have learned after going through all of this, each and every day alive is a blessing. Love to you all.

CK
  • User
    9 years ago
    Ckoeppel, it's very brave of you to be so candid about your family situation, those of us who have children, I have two grown daughters also, can surely empathize. Wishing the very best to you, your family, and especially your daughter as she faces her struggles. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I think the picture is really pretty above the bed, just the right shape and colors, and a special thought from your mom makes it even more meaningful.
    I love the bath accessories, but I think I'd go with white to match the bowl, toilet, and white mat of the picture. White adds a bit of brightness and picks up the white from the bedroom.
  • Cindy Koeppel
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks, Bluenan. It has been beyond rough and I have lost hours and days of sleep worrying about her. She lives alone in downtown Seattle and we are trying to get her moved closer to us. She is very fragile right now in more ways than one. I hesitated in posting and truly didn't share how horrible it all has been and still is. I consider all of you friends so that helps.

I like the print, too, and it came at a time when I needed cheering up. My mom is so special to me. You're right it makes it all more meaningful coming from her. I like your idea about the bathroom accessories.

Thanks again! I have really missed talking to you Bluenan!
  • mcbmd3
    9 years ago
    I am so sorry about your daughter. I have learned the following in the last few months: alcoholism is a disease, not a moral failure. It is incurable, but it is treatable. Once my loved one entered treatment, I was finally able to sleep for the first time in months. There is hope and I am optimistic for the future. I wish the same to you and offer you my most sincere best wishes for a positive outcome for your beloved daughter.
    Cindy Koeppel thanked mcbmd3
  • magggggggay
    9 years ago
    Maybe the first one. It looks more elegant
  • Cindy Koeppel
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you mcbmd3. I am still trying to find that glimmer of hope but it's hard. We hope she realizes soon that she needs treatment. Depression/alcohol is a horrible combination. I can't wait to find the peace you did. Thank you for such a thoughtful post.
  • PRO
    OE Home Co.,ltd.
    9 years ago
    I like the wall arts and mirrors...
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    Oy my dear ck, you sure have had your hands and days full. Good heaens, it sounds like she was really really ill. Wow, obviously she had some sort of symptoms to lead her to seek MD help. Is she recouperating at home? And that she lives alone, correct? How are the sisters doing? staying close through this whole ordeal, I wonder if she would do better with a good, kind but no bull roomate/counselor of sorts. I dont know if evidence of her alcoholism came to light under the findings of the brain infection. I am running on fumes of this battery, CK, though I'd really like to be able to talk if you were available. Perhaps tomorrow. Take care. Remember we still stand by if having people who do care that you can bounce ideas off of, or have a good cry, talk things through til sometimes you realize you have the best answer after all...we haven't left. We are here. We are anonymous, if that helps as sometimes it does and we are regular folks with some amazing experiences and sometimes good ole sage advise or ideas. Hugs to you and family,
  • Toni
    9 years ago
    ck...my thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and your daughter.
    The painting from your mom is gorgeous! Yes, absolutely hang it above the bed...it's perfect!
    I love the bathroom accessories...but would get them in white.
    Cindy Koeppel thanked Toni
  • Cindy Koeppel
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Auntie, do you have an email to share?
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    CK, I do I do but dont want to put it on here. Theres supposed to be a way to set up a private chat through an ideabook. It then gets sent to my email somehow through HOUZZ. There we could share info. People with businesses dont seem to mind posting their email as, afterall, thats what people do is get their company out there. I dont have a company to post contact info. Im not a computer techie either. I really should make an ideabook or two for this purpose but have never set one of these chats up either. I have been in a chatbook without having had any idea books. Is this something you could easily understand how to do from the instructions? It would be under how to use Houzz , I THINK. Or do you have company contact email/phone ? Actually, when this crisis becomes less immediate for you, you may want to consider" going Pro"on Houzz to get some business for your design graphics that you are sooo great at. You REALLY do a great job and I will say did grab my attention from the beginning and made me want to participate in your design. So it definitely has an impact. Not only can you do the computer part, you have really good design ideas and taste to make it a total winner.
    Well, let me know if you can set this up or already have public type contact info we can use initially. You just have to be careful on these or any public forums. Its easy to forget that when dealing with such great folks on Houzz but it is open for all to see so caution is good.
    Thanks CK. I hope you'll have a positive day. My thoughts remain with you and your family.
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    Before I crawl in bed after 2 AM, know that my thoughts remain with you and the family. I hope your daughter had a good day today.
    If you have not become a Houzz PRO, from what I understand, there is nothing difficult about it...very, very too very easy to do that. If you are looking to let your mind be on something else, particularly artistic would be great. We all need something to help us keep it all together while we take a minute to let it all out and let it go. I'm just concerned for you and to say, I'm here.
  • lnsail
    9 years ago
    I also have an adult child with clinical depression and alcoholism...it is so difficult, as we cannot fix it for them. Stay strong and best wishes.
    Cindy Koeppel thanked lnsail
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    Thinking of you.
  • User
    9 years ago
    I was just this morning....
  • Cindy Koeppel
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Thank you, Auntie and Bluenan! I miss you! Things are getting worse instead of better. I am really struggling and pray everyday for something positive to happen for her. We have her in treatment, but she isn't cooperating. Her depression is at 110% and I feel like she is a ticking time bomb. I fear experiencing what we did a while ago again. On top of everything, my dog's (the love of my life) health is failing. She is only 8 and is in the OR today. I seriously need a break from all the stress and worrying. Toughest time of my life to say the least. Here are my two babies. Please pray for both of them.
  • soto01
    9 years ago
    Both your babies are beautiful! It makes it easier to pray when we can hold their images in our hearts. Praying for you as well.... There are alot of us who can share in the stress you feel... Please know that you are in our thoughts.....in our prayers......and in our hearts....
  • studio10001
    9 years ago
    I am just catching back up; so shocked and sorry to read your news, and am hoping for the very best outcome for your family.
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    Hi, CK, I hope there is some measure of comfort to know you are remembered each and every day. I hope your tiny dog did well in surgery yesterday and that her prognosis is better. These sweet creatures can be our strength in the toughest of times. That makes our bond with them all the more. I know you have to be feeing like a part of your foundation is shaken because of her illness. You are needed by those who love you. It's the hardest to be strong and do when it's breaking your heart. Thinking of you, b.
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    no need to respond, CK. Just know that I'm thinking of you and wishing for your peace of mind.
  • dorothyferguson
    9 years ago
    Definitely the one with orange in it. It comes to life with the color. It is just beautiful.
  • jhertzog
    9 years ago
    Tgemfxfkfkesrjfak
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    Dearest CK, Bless your heart. I know it is so weary. Keeping you close inn my thoughts", b.
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    CK, hope this holiday season is lifting your heart with happiness. I hope your daughter is doing better. I think of you often. Happy Merry Holidays to you all. b.
  • Cindy Koeppel
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi everyone! I don't have a design project question or anything. I just want to let all of you know that my world is looking a whole lot better. My daughter is on her way to healing, started a new career, and is handling everything with a more positive attitude. My other baby, Ruby (dog), had her cancerous tumor removed and seems to have reverted back to puppy years. It is so wonderful to see her run and play with her toys again!

We had a rough year, really rough, but to see my daughter transition into a healthier person, the pain was all worth it. I hope each and everyone of you have a Happy New Year and thanks again for all your love and support. I believe I might be ready to post another project soon. It feels good to be back! :)
  • User
    9 years ago
    Oh, I'm just so happy to hear your good news!! I've thought about you and your family many times and am so encouraged for your daughter. Cheers to Ruby also!
  • PRO
    Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
    9 years ago
    I like the reddish accents.
  • studio10001
    9 years ago
    What a relief to hear - the happiest of new years to everyone in your family, ck - absolutely thrilled for you all!!!!
  • Lynnie
    9 years ago
    In the three pictures I prefer the oranges. They go so well with neutrals and you will never get bored in my opinion.

Modern Neutral Bedroom wood + orange accents · More Info

Pacific Heights Home Bedroom · More Info
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    absolutely a relief! Thank you for getting back with us because you have been strongly on my mind...well, just so often...sitting at stop light, in the market looking at the flowers and knowing that things like this can shake you to the core. I really wondered how your holidays were. So, you say she is better than before. That's a tough road for anybody. Well, bless your heart, I do know you sure did have a year of it. And extra cheers yippee for Ruby! So glad to have you back, CK!
  • Cindy Koeppel
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    2015 is going to be a great year I just know it!
  • Toni
    9 years ago
    Blessings...