SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annkih

Kitchen remodel in my future

AnnKH
16 days ago

Hi Gang! I've been participating here for years, and did a kitchen remodel in our previous house, in 2013. We moved 2 years ago, and while the kitchen in our new (to us) home is pretty good, I know it can be better. I did add pullouts as soon as we bought the house, but they are no substitute for real drawers.

The longer we live here, the more the "not perfect" is getting annoying. We want to get new cabinets, but there's no way I'm taking this journey without my Houzz friends!

Goals for the remodel:

- smaller sink cab (36 to 30"); move trash pullout to the left of the sink.

- Upper cabs from 30" to 42"

- Upper cabinets deeper (currently 10" inside depth)

- Pullouts over the fridge

- All drawers (naturally)

- Drawers sizes to allow for cake pans sized sideways

- pullout cutting boards next to the sink and range

- new counters

The aisle width is only 40" (counter to counter), but there is a walkway to the guest room, bathroom and garage going past the pony wall, so it can't really change. We have no interest in stools (the photos are from the listing). The house is a twin home, with the kitchen on the shared wall, so no windows, and the hood will have to be vented out the ceiling (the OTR MW will go). There is a laundry/pantry next to the fridge.

I'm pretty sure that the current footprint is the most efficient, but I would appreciate y'all checking to see if I missed anything.

Comments (9)