SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Which Cordless Drill

andrelaplume2
5 years ago

Sorry if this is a double post...I seem to have issues all the time getting posts to thru!

So, I have 2 B&D cordless drill / drivers that I used for all drilling and driving when I finished my basement. The batteries are old..the newest from 2012. They lasted a long time but now, on the rare occasion I need to use the drill, the batteries do not last. They need replacement. The sit on what was sold to me as a 'smart charger'...it's not supposed to overcharge the battery or whatever. All I know is they lasted a long time on this charger as opposed to the crappy B&D charger that came with my 18V blower whose battery died within 6 months...I was told it ws not a smart charger. Anyway, I can get 2 generic 14.4 replacement NiCads for $50?

My question s are:

Should I buy generics?

Can I leave the batteries year round on the smart charger or will the lack of use somehow kill them?

With Black Friday coming, should I maybe get a new Dewalt Drill/Drive with 2 - 20V Litium batteries fo $99 and discard the B&D's. Can I leave the lithiums on the charger year round.

I do not use the drill/driver much but when instances arise its nice to have a couple of charged batteries.

Thoughts....

Comments (7)