SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shifra_cooper

alcove tub without apron

Shifra Cooper
6 years ago
Hi! I am in the midst of my first every renovation of my first ever home, and looking for some guidance! In our basement bathroom, there will be a separate bathtub and shower. The tub I’m looking for has so far been challenging to find even when I visit showrooms. We’d like an alcove tub with tiling flange, and no apron. Must be no more than 60” long, but could be between 30-32” wide, and ideally 20” deep. My preference is for a modern look: rectangular without apron rests, texture etc. The tricky bit seems to be that no one has tubs with the optional apron and I desperately want to tile the front. I’ve attached a photo very similar to what I’m imagining with the same configuration of tub & shower (though probably a rectangle not oval tub). People treat me like I’m asking for something impossible - but I know this must exist as I’ve seen lots of tiled front tubs! In our case, keeping the price low is important (ideally under $1000 CAD) which I know presents a bit of a barrier - but tubs I like that have an apron seem very inexpensive! Anyway leads are very welcome! Would love to know if I’m being unreasonable in my desire and where I can look to try to fill it!

Comments (27)