Camellia-Curly leaves & brown spots/edges

Dee17(West Vic Aust)March 16, 2005

I am very new to gardening but I am trying to learn. I have planted 9 camellias along a fence (2years ago)-some get dappled sun and approx 6 get full sun. Two in the centre (Full sun) are Jennifer Susan and Hiryu. They both have sparse leaves. The leaves are also curling up and have small and large brown spots and sort of burnt looking edges. I can't see any bugs but there does seem to be some small black ants around them. What can I do to help them? And is it the ants or maybe something else? Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wattle(NSW Aust)

Dee17
We live up on the tablelands and the Camellias are under the pine tree. I believe they do not like full sun.
The ants are feeding something on the tree and this could be a prob.
Try this site http://www.heyne.com.au/gardencentre/factsheets/factsheet.php/Camellias.htm
or type Camellia in Google and see what happens

Wayne

Bookmark   March 17, 2005 at 2:56AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dee17(West Vic Aust)

Thank you "Wattle". The fact sheet is so informative. I gather I have a fungus and that my watering has not been consistent enough. It's funny I was told by my local nursery that camellias would do well in either shady or full sun positions. Seems they dont really know everything they claim!! I will do my best to protect them and get them well again. Once again - your help is much appreciated.

Bookmark   March 17, 2005 at 7:00AM
More Discussions
Lemon tree pest
Hello, Does anyone know what this is on my lemon tree?...
clairebfly
Sick frangipani, please help!!
Hello all, Firstly let me say hello! my name is Sapphy...
Sapphy
Liquid amber diseased
I think this liquid amber in our garden has borers...
mttambo
Invisible bugs!
Would anyone know what bug, insect or spider might...
Joyster3
my hedge is dying!
Hi all.. I am very new to all of this.. But I do have...
fizzo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™