SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
comkow_gw

What would You Do...(new saga...long)

comkow
15 years ago

Just when the summer is ending and we only have about 4-6 weeks left here in NY to enjoy our pool, our sagas with this pool continue.

We have been putting out bids to get a safety cover. We have a grecian lazy-l. We thought we were going to place our order with an online vendor (LL). I sent him the CAD drawing of our pool which came direct from the pool manuf. All he did was submit it to Merlin. I then asked last Thursday to see the safety cover CAD so we could confirm Merlin's dimensions. He told me he could and would do that, but we then had to sign off on the order and Merlin's CAD drawing and fax it back to him. We told him that would be no problem. We would fax it back to him on Tuesday(yesterday).

DH had some unexpected health issues and was ordered for an MRI yesterday and out of work for one week. Access to a fax machine is only available at DH's work, so we have not faxed anything over to LL. While DH and I were at his MRI, a local guy came by and measured the pool and gave us a quote, which included install and winterizing the pool. His quote, although for a Anchor cover, was only $300 more, but included winterizing and install, plus he actually measured the pool dimensions himself. So we figured we would go with him instead.

So, I called the first guy back and told him we were going with a local company. He called and left a message and told me we cannot cancel our safety cover b/c he already placed the order!!! I checked with our cc company and he charged our card last Thursday. My guess is that it is actually in holding status with Merlin and they are still waiting for the authorization of the signed forms, but I could be wrong.

So I asked the cc company to place an unauthorized chargeback on the charge itself and they did open a case file.

DH is going to call the guy in the morning.

1) Isn't there a law that says you cannot charge a cc until the item is actually shipped

2) technically we never signed off on the plans, so he has no signature from either DH or myself. In fact, he left 2 messages yesterday and 1 early this morning b/f he knew of DH's unexpected health issues. And he sent one email this morning as well asking us to fax the form back. Direct email quotes from him.... "I can't send in order for cover without both verifications please sign and return to me" AND "when you can please email or fax the 2 verifications back to my attention"

3)if there was a change in the dimensions, and considering he **claims** the order has been placed, how would we get the dimensions changed?

There would be no way we could even fax anything until DH is back at work until next Monday.

CC company told us it can take 6-8 weeks for resolution, but we need to order a safety cover within the next two weeks.

Advice? Any legal aspects?

TIA

Comments (3)