SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janine_boccafola

Nursery Furniture ....does it have to match? Mixing wood tones?

Janine Lynn
12 days ago
last modified: 12 days ago

I am having a lot of trouble picking out nursery furniture. I really like the Jenny Lind style. Pottery barn has a walnut crib which is beautiful, crate and barrel has a natural maple. I saw the pottery barn matching dresser and the crate barrel matching dresser, I dont love them. The pottery barn one did not open very smoothly, and the crate one had metal sliders, but they felt flimsy.

I really would love the find a older natural maple dresser, but worried if wont match well with the crate and barrel maple crib. And I really cant see how the pottery barn walnut would match natural maple. I hate the idea of a painted crib, I feel like it will just chip up. But a painted crib might be easier to mix with a vintage wood dresser. Toying with the idea of a green dresser. I think a vintage dresser would add more character and be more durable. I guess I should source the dresser first then the crib. The dresser will be used much longer and I guess arguably more important in the long run then the crib. I just want it all done though!! I have until September so there really is no rush.

I have seen somecheaper options too online but worried if I find the pottery barn and crate dressers flimsy, what would I think of those!

Sorry if my ramblings don't make much sense. Thanks

Pictured is the dresser I found on marketplace that I missed out on, I love it and will be hunting for something similar. I like the lines and color of this dresser.

Also, here is the pottery barn and crate and barrel cribs. In person the pottery barn crib was really beautiful, but it only comes in walnut. The crate one was very nice too.

(My gosh how beautiful is this dresser I found on etsy!!)

Wall color is BM Healing Aloe. Floors are a medium/dark oak, orders rug waiting for it to get here.

Comments (11)