SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie_strathmann

Last minute decision on window location. Please help!

Katie S
15 days ago

We are doing a bump out/addition and kitchen renovation after a leak destroyed our kitchen last june

They are framing Monday and I had a very last minute need for more light so we are set on adding a window on side of the bump out and we are just going to cross our fingers no basketballs hit it, haha

Because its last minute and they are starting framing, I need to tell them exact placement tomorrow or sat.

In the first attachment, I like that we can avoid a corner upper, but I don’t like that the direct view is a straight on of our basketball court. More of an issue is that it throws off the range and cabinetry around the range seems off balance.

In the second picture, its moved over to allow for a direct tree view, more importantly more symmetry around the range, but my husband thinks its out of place there and I actually sort of liked that the other option had no corner upper.

Everything else between the first two are the same.

I am considering moving the triple window to the right a bit so the dishwasher opens in the aisle.

I also attached the very tentative plan from our contractor which has the double oven on the short wall but we decided we don’t like it there and plan to swap it with a less deep pantry which allows us to extend the island and have seating on one side as needed.

Obviously i hand drew these, but i traces his set of plans which are drawn to scale.

Thank you soooo much!!

Comments (16)