SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmmm12cozone5

Fred Loads finally has a bloom, how does a more mature bush do?

mmmm12COzone5
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I put in Fred Loads 7/20 and have been disappointed that it didn't grow well (mystery spots on leaves) and no blooms. It finally has one and it is beautiful. But there isn't much out there to tell me how it may do as it gets more mature. Anyone have any feedback or full bush pictures?

This is it today. Just a couple of octopus arms with the single bloom and one more bud.

I love the color which is really bright.

I had planned to pull it out after seeing if I liked this bloom (I LOVE IT) and either getting another next year to plant in another location or something different if I didn't like the bloom. Since I like the color of the bloom I would probably get another to try again if it does well for others.

I put it in a hole that had a virused rose. We replaced the dirt but used the same shovel and I'm worried it got infected. But now the leaves look much healthier and I am toying with keeping it over the winter. The virus diagnosis was my own with most people on the forum feeling it looked like spider mites. However I saw nothing on the reverse side of the leaves.

Another orange I tried this year was Livin' Easy and while the blooms stay around for a long time it doesn't have the pop that Playboy did or Fred Loads does. It went in 6/20 and has bloomed a ton and has a nice bush form.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living