SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (8)

• Fun2BHere
    9 days ago

Sometimes, I wish I were of the group of people that could attend events like this and actually consider purchasing one of the lots.

• palimpsest
    Original Author
    9 days ago

I have on occasion bid on things from estates like this where there is some "provenance", always something from the pool of lowest anticipated bids. And always something that strikes the fancy of enough people that it ends up going for far over estimate.

• Kswl
    9 days ago

Oh what a fabulous apartment! Le Tigre!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 days ago

The sofa is 1000% au courant. I love the first roos except the terrazzo like wal;s. Thanks for sharing. Wonderful.

• palimpsest
    Original Author
    9 days ago
    last modified: 9 days ago

Not everything sold, but this is the sort of thing that seems to happen at these auctions: 600 euros in pillows became almost 14,000 euros.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 days ago

The sofa, assuming it is in very good condition, is over priced for a used sofa but not for a Billy Baldwin used sofa. Seems like a relative bargain. I bet you can resell those Tigre pillows anywhere for a good markup. Unlike the sofa, almost anyone can use one.

• palimpsest
    Original Author
    9 days ago

Actually portable sorts of things seem to be commanding higher prices than furniture.

I am not so sure about the sofa. It depends upon the frame. Of course I got my sofas for free, all I had to do is reupholster them, but the upholsterer said the one is probably a $12,000 frame, at any rate were it to be made new. (and then it would have to be upholstered). If this went for $4K and you spend another $4K on upholstery, you'd be ahead of the game, still.

• Fun2BHere
    9 days ago

I’ll be curious to know if any of those items show up on some Instagrammer’s feed.