SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kl23

How to prepare for renovation

kl23
29 days ago

I'm still in the design process of a renovation involving our upper level: bedrooms and bathrooms. I expect to start destruction this year. I don't know the best way to approach the move out of our upstairs and into the downstairs. Attached is the downstairs floorplan. The living room is dark, quiet, and private with only two windows. I'm wondering if we should make it our sleeping area, by moving one of our Queen beds down there. The two loveseats there now, the chair and ottoman, will have to go into the family room. The sectional in the family room will have to go out the door. No tears, it's a lump after 25 years.
Then I'm thinking we should start moving our necessary bathroom items to the downstairs bathroom. And move our necessary minimal wardrobes in a couple of dressers downstairs too. Maybe we should clear out the downstairs closet and hang some of our wardrobe in there.
Then I suppose I should box up the rest or throw away what I don't want to box up. I have no attic or basement.
My husband doesn't want to store anything off site. We have a very small front yard that the contractor will want to fill with a dumpster. I can't see room for a Pod. We do have covered outdoor space but it wouldn't be safe from rodents.
I could really use ideas from experienced renovators or their professionals.

kitchen · More Info

Comments (4)