SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
j_mathew34

Modern aesthetic awning recommendations for street facing windows

J Matthew
last month

Hi, first thank you for reading my post and offering any suggestions/thoughts!!

I’m hoping to find some help in selecting a design, style, mounting location, etc. to place awnings above these set of windows at the front of my house. The reason I want to do this is because my house faces west and the sun really heats up the living areas where these windows are. The below pictures are the front of my house (i added red dots to the windows I'm trying to put awnings over)

. I live in Oklahoma City, if that helps.

I would really appreciate any pictures of anything you would suggest as I don’t have really have great vision for things. Also, if there are places you suggest I look at for purchase---I would really appreciate that too!

Preferred awning design styles: Modern, Mid-Century Modern, open to other styles so long as its cohesive

Material preference: Metal or wood (I’m not necessarily opposed to fabric…I just haven’t seen anything that I like)

Mounting/functional preference: The more angled and the more it covers the windows, the better. I think the lower that I can mount it, the better it would be. There’s a lot of sun that comes through these windows and it is definitely heating up the house in spring/summer, even with the curtains/shades closed.

Color preference: I’m open to any matching color

Window measurements: Three large windows span 105” long and 80 inches tall. The two windows span 80” long and 80” inches tall

Notes:

-I’ve tried other things, e.g., tinting the windows and that did not look good and made the heat worse and nearly damaged my windows

-I have curtains up and cellular shades, but while they improve the heat…it’s still pretty hot.

-I’m in the process of selecting trees and planting them for the front of my house, but it probably won’t get planted until the fall and I’m certain it will take 5 to 10 years before they provide sufficient shade.

Comments (10)