SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eric_hale3

Instant Hot Water Tank - California Faucets, Mountain Plumbing, ReadyH

Eric Hale
last month

Hot Water Dispenser Questions: Model Compatibility, RO Compatibility, and Safety Valve-Leak Detector

1) Model Compatibility

I am looking for confirmation that my faucet and hot water tank are compatible.

I am purchasing a California Faucets Davoli Single Handle Combo Hot & Cold Dispenser. Model 9623-K10-XX https://www.calfaucets.com/kitchen/water-dispensers/combination/traditional-style-single-handle-combo-hot-cold-water-dispenser-9623-k10-xx

Cal Faucets says this dispenser requires Hot Water Tank 9628SS:

This Cal Faucets tank looks amazingly similar to the Mountain Plumbing Products Little Gourmet® Premium Hot Water Tank / Dispenser MT641-3.

Maybe the "Mount Plumbing Products" logo on the California Faucets heater gave that away.

And these models like similar to Joneca's Ready Hot RH-150-SS:

I have read Amazon reviews of people buying the Ready Hot to replace Mountain Plumbing Products heaters. These Ready Hot models get great reviews and cost hundreds of dollars less than the Cal Faucets or Mountain Products. My guess is that they're all made by the same company anyway.

The model I am considering is the Ready Hot 40-RH-300-SSD. It has digital display and gets the water hotter than the other models.

Can someone with experience confirm that the Davoli faucet would be compatible with this Ready Hot model?

2) RO Compatibility

The Cal Faucets website shows this faucet is not compatible with Reverse Osmosis systems. I called Cal Faucets customer service to understand what would be causing the issue. Is it chemistry or pressure or something else? I currently have a cold water dispenser connected to an RO in the basement. I am looking to add the tank and a combo dispenser. The customer service rep said that the website wasn't really clear because the faucet works with some RO systems. He said specifically because I have the RO in the basement and it's working with current cold dispenser, it would be fine. That's certainly what I want to hear. But I don't understand why it's ok.

Does anyone have experience with this? Can you confirm that I won't have any issues?

3) Safety Valve-Leak Detector

The reviews that read about the the Mountain Plumbing Products tanks indicated that some people had experience with leaking tanks. In response to that, MPP sells an optional Safety Valve-Leak Detector kit for $119. https://mountainplumbing.com/product/safety-valve-leak-detector-mt6ld/

It's a water detector that alarms and isolates the supply to your RO or hot water tank. It's powered by a 9-volt battery that is supposed to last a couple years. It give an audible alert when the battery is low.

This seems like a great idea.

I found what appears to be the same model AS-414 on Amazon for $36.

Does anyone here have any experience or thoughts with this device?

Thanks in advance. This website has been a great resource for our kitchen remodel. I appreciate this community.

Comment