SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_764217333

HELP -Covering Eyebrow Arch window

L R
last month
last modified: last month

I want to install roller shades to cover the large eyebrow arch window and 2 small windows on either side. The issues with doing this are: 1. The top of windows are 20 feet high so install is hard to do as a 1 person DIY. 2. A designer suggests inside mount attaching the frame to where the arch ends and becomes vertical, thus the horizontal frame will obstruct part of the window and view and leave the arch area open to continued heat from sun all day due to southern exposure. The 2d suggestion is:2. To attach as outside mount roller frame to wall centered just above arch window , which would cover entire window but would square off full area of window. If I do this, then the solar shades on the smaller windows will look dwarfed next the the large window. Then, do I install solar shades on 2 smaller windows as outside or inside mount?The summer sun adds at 20 degrees to inside temperature and I need to cover them. I really don't want curtains on the windows. I have been using the whie styrofoam poiy panels layered over these windows that do cover most oxf large window and cut to fitpanels for smaller windows.Lastly, the solar shade are costly...$1,500.-2,500.00 with motorizing timer. I would like opinions on suggestions 1 & 2 and other ideas to cover these windows.Thanks in advance for the feedbackL.

Comments (2)