SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
corinbaker

Need timeless, low-stress, no-tech vibe

C B
last month

I have a small cape cod house with 8 foot ceilings and white (probably ceiling paint) on walls (courtesy of the builder). The house is only 1260 sq. ft. with three bedrooms (two upstairs with a 3/4 bath) and an open floor plan on the main floor. Furniture is largely dark cherry or iron.

I’ve found pictures I like, but I DON’T like my boring house. I want cozy, and unpretentious, like French country, but not ornate (perhaps a little farm-house-ish without the rustic Americana vibe).

The first pic is looking across the living room. The second is taken from the stairs (which you can see in the first picture). I mean… the space is BORING.

The third pictures are maybe good colors (except I hate decorating with gold… the 70’s traumatized me—lol).

It MUST be a relaxing space (two autistics in the family), so controlling light is a must, and it MUST feel cozy. I’ve thought about doing a black ceiling, but maybe just throw blankets? better upholstery? a rug? wall hangings… ??? Help!

I do NOT have a big budget (so no changing curtains). This will need to be mainly paint and accessories.

I like these
and these (to maybe counteract my ugly counters)

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!