SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bichonbabe

How many houses have you built ?

bichonbabe
2 months ago

I've built three. Two production homes and one custom.

First production home was over 30 years ago. It cost $140k and we were so afraid it was too expensive ! Could not afford any of the upgrades and I cried went I went to the lighting store with my $1000 allowance. Had to put boob lights almost everywhere. Lived there for 8 years and I was so proud of that nice, brand new home !

Second production home was a much more upscale house. We were able to afford most of the upgrades we wanted. Lived there for over 10 years. And learned a bit more about the building process. Loved that home too.

Third house was a custom build. Probably closest to my "dream home". Took almost 3 years to build and went 100% over budget and I'm very glad we were able to afford to do so. We still live there but it was a stressful time and not sure I would ever build again. My husband is in commercial construction and it was still a learning process.

Last year , we purchased a "used" house on the ocean to spend our winters. Although its a bit dated and maybe not exactly my taste, I find it doesn't bother me as the ocean view is all that really matters to me at this point in my life.

What about you? How many homes have you built?

Comments (23)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor