SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontheyuba65

Please help choose counters/backsplash/paint 4 woodsy cottage kitchen

ontheyuba65
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

We live in the woods in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada. While we live in our home full time we like it to feel like a vacation home. I like to remember that I live in a romantic cottage in the woods. Our cozy living room has a massive gas stone fireplace with a pinged wrought iron fiire box surround. We have pine floors in the living room and kitchen.

I'm hoping to have a cottage kitchen that looks right in the woods. We've come a ways already. We have installed a new mat white Cafe range with polished bronze hardware and removed the cabinet over the range. We installed a stainless steel exhaust hood. I am reluctant to paint my natural maple cabinets because i like the woodsy feel and budget is also a factor.

We plan on replacing the formica counters with a solid surface like quartz .(I do like white but what white with the Cafe range?) What backsplash and what paint would you choose. I am not afraid of wheat colors for paint but open to something else. We also will replace the sink, Should it also be white? Do you have any other suggestions? We will be refinishing the pine floors too.

I would also like to find a replacement for the florescent fixture in the ceiling. It would need to be flush or semi flush to fit.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Diane

The LED light in the new hood makes the wheat paiint look green

I need help with lighting too

We experimented with painting the window sashes an apple/olive green .

Comments (25)