SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilyfreak

Please help choosing backsplash tile!!!

lilyfreak
14 years ago

I am yet another lurker on this forum! I discovered it late (spent a lot of time lurking on the appliances forum!) but have learned so much. I met the KD today to finalize my cabinet colour and granite choice. After seeing all the gorgeous dark brown cabinets in the kitchens on the FKB and others shown here, I changed my choice from a burgundy to a fudge colour and am so excited! Now I have to choose a backsplash. I had originally chosen the first one. I will have a 6 inch rise backsplash behind my cooktop. It is on an island with a lunch counter. There will also be a space of about 4 feet long by 18 inches where I'll have cabinets above and granite countertop below where I intend to use the same tile. My concern about the first one was that it could be a little difficult to clean because of the edges and grooves. I can imagine grease settling in the grooves. Also, after seeing the stunning kitchens on the FKB, I felt it was quite plain. The 2nd option is the subway tile which can look quite lovely, from the kitchens I have seen on the forum. It also looks much easier to maintain, especially behind the cooktop.

So my question is, which do you feel would look better - the ceramic tile or the subway tile?

or

Comments (14)