• Jasdip
    3 months ago

• bragu_DSM 5
    3 months ago

• nicole___
    3 months ago

• Lars
    3 months ago

juneroses Z9a Cntrl Fl, that is depressing. I cook dinner every night and would never say such a thing to someone I am trying to please.

• Lars
    3 months ago

• nicole___
    3 months ago

@Lars....Your an EXCELLENT cook! A chef! No one would ever think twice about sitting at YOUR table. I...on the other hand....cooked a pizza using turkey sausage and will NEVER live it down....

• aok27502
    3 months ago

In our house we say "we have two choices: eat it or don't. "

Don't worry, it's said in jest. Usually.

• dedtired
    3 months ago

• Lars
    3 months ago

The problem in my house is that I offer too many choices, and then I have more food than I can store safely. I'm trying to work on that. It would help if I had a larger freezer.

• katlan
    3 months ago

• Zoe 29
    3 months ago

Lars, it's a little different when you are cooking dinner for a family with several kids who are picky. You can't please everyone and sometimes you just have to say "take it or leave it".

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

Or one picky husband. There is no pleasing him. Something he loves one time, he hates the next. Even though it is the exact same recipe or even a purchased frozen Rao pizza. He is the same with restaurants.

• eld6161
    3 months ago

Sherry my husband is able to pick out the slightest difference. ”This tastes different” and sure enough maybe I forgot a spice.

Like your husband, he can like something 100 times but then decide he doesn’t like it.

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    3 months ago

It has gotten really funny now. I do mise-en-place, so no forgetting anything. The last time was the Rao pepperoni frozen pizza. He likes the Rao spaghetti sauce and the Rao pizza sauce, so I tried the frozen pepperoni pizza that they came out with. He could add mushrooms and banana peppers that he liked. First time was a home run. He loved it. Second time, the crust was overcooked at the edges. Several more with different problems. The last time it tasted "grassy" because of the "green stuff" in the cheese. That had not been there according to him, but was. It is either basil or thyme or both. Same pizza, same temp, same cooking.

I cook. If he doesn't like, there is always peanut butter or the sliced turkey sandwich meat, that I just learned that they are sliced too thin now! White flag raised!

• Olychick
    3 months ago

Lars , maybe after 50 years of preparing every meal for a husband who never cooks a thing, or is quite difficult to please, or shows no appreciation for the effort you make, you would understand “take it or leave it“ When I read what some women write about their ’he won’t eat that’ spouses here, I am surprised more women don’t say it.

• Rusty
    3 months ago

Rusty

• LynnNM
    3 months ago

This may be funny to perhaps only us New Mexicans 😉. We get irritated, but also chuckle, at how our beloved chile (red and green vegetable pods) are so often misspelled. Cartoons like this one pop up regularly to, I guess, help Newbies learn the correct spellings.

• angelaid_gw
    3 months ago

@nicole made me laugh because that's what I am making for dinner tonight. We are trying to lower husband's cholesterol. Ground turkey sausage is akin to trying to trying to crumble steaming hot dog poo. I won't be eating this crap and won't be buying turkey sausage again 😒

• Jasdip
    3 months ago

As a kid Tom ate a LOT of peanut butter sandwiches. That was his option. Either eat what was made, or make a pb sandwich. He grew out of his pickiness and loved everything I made. He only had 2 dislikes, mushrooms and cooked eggs.