SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

I wanted to like the dishwasher drawers

3katz4me
3 months ago
last modified: 3 months ago

that came with our new house. I recall we had a discussion on this and that many don't care for them except I think @mtnrdredux_gw likes them. This seemed like it might be good for the two of us - one drawer fits about a day's worth of our stuff if we're not cooking much which is currently the case. However these things seem loud compared to the Bosch diswashers I'm used to. There's some kind of fan that blows for a long time at the end of the cycle that presumably has something to do with drying but when you open the drawer in the morning stuff isn't dry - not just plastic but glass bowls, glasses, etc. I can't tolerate a dishwasher that doesn't dry. Rinse aid is full - not sure if there's some other solution I'm overlooking or if these just don't dry the dishes very well.

Replacing the radiant electric cooktop with induction is high on my priority list and I'm thinking about a new dishwasher and fridge at the same time though I try to use things as long as they work reasonably well rather than just dumping a functional appliance in the landfill. The fridge is a counter depth SxS so pretty small but there's another fridge in the garage that isn't SxS. I've never minded SxS as much as some people but this has the door dispenser with the ice maker attached to the door and I've had problems with those in the past so i think it's going to go. I guess the dishwasher probably should go too. The bottom drawer scrapes on my rug and that also bugs me.

Comments (36)