SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
medha_nanal

Help! Boxwoods in NorCal

homey_bird
4 months ago

Hello!
I’m back after a hiatus from gardening and hanging out on this forum. Just started gardening again after a few years!!

My priority is my boxwoods: they were planted 4-5 years back and are on automatic irrigation. They did great for the first 3+ years but for the last 1-2 years they have been looking really strange.

Being in NorCal Bay Area, our soil is alkaline and dry. We have the plants on drip irrigation. I have never fertilized them before.

I have boxwoods in a spot that enjoys almost full shade. There the plants are lush and green. OTOH, there is a spot where they enjoy almost full sun and there they are looking really sick. There is no mold but the leaves look coppery and bronze. They seem to have stopped growing new foliage like they used to. They are not exactly sunburnt and dried yellow, but there seems to be a deficiency.

I’m attaching photos. Happy to attach more. I would appreciate hearing from folks who have successfully grown boxwoods in our conditions on how they kept them healthy.

TIA!!

Comment