SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patricianat

Speaking of Missing People/BethNorCal/KathyNorCal

patricianat
17 years ago

Where are they? I am concerned that neither has posted. If they have gone to another forum, I have no problem. We as Americans and Internet people have that freedom but I consider them Internet friends who have disappeared without a trace. Let us know that you are okay or not.

Comments (16)

• rose_lady
    17 years ago

I think they are attending to their fried roses. It was very hot here, upwards of 115. Most of my roses are fried, but show signs of recovering nicely.

• bethnorcal9
    17 years ago

Hey, nice to be missed Patricia! Yeah, I sorta migrated over to a couple of other forums, back when all the hoopla was going on around the first of the yr. But I come back once in awhile to lurk and occasionally post here and there. I was concerned for awhile about posting my pictures here after all the discussion about the "Terms of Service" and stuff. But I guess things have calmed down and all the hysteria was just a waste of time and energy.
    I do tend to spend more time on a certain "other" forum. But one thing I don't really like about it is, not many people post many photos over there like they do here. And the other one doesn't have an awful lot of activity. I see several of the old GW forumers posting on the other two also, as well as here on occasion too.

But, yes, Rose Lady, you're also right about the "fried roses!" I'm in the process of putting in a drip/sprinkler system right now. I am soooo sick of wasting hours and hours every day hand-watering. I get nothing else done! The deadheading is waaaay behind schedule, and not much blooming because they need to be deadheaded and pruned and fertilized again!! It's a vicious circle!

Anyway, I've been meaning to post some more pics.... just haven't had time. Will add a few here just to keep it "on topic!!" LOL As for Kathy, I know she posted some pics a while back. She's probably just busy!

This is BOTTICELLI, a new floribunda I got from Hortico this summer

GREAT SCOTT always looking beautiful!
    {{gwi:1263120}}

Another new one I got this season from Kimbrew-Walters is HAWAIIAN FRAGRANT SUNRISE (Has no fragrance that I can detect!!) But it's a beauty.
    {{gwi:1263121}}

LASTING LOVE, one from last yr
    {{gwi:1263122}}

And this is an "Unknown" one from a few yrs back. Not sure what it is.
    {{gwi:1263123}}

Thanks for thinking of me (and Kathy). It's nice to know we're missed. Will try to post some more pics when I get some more of this watering system done!

Beth

• tjsangel
    17 years ago

Beth,

We sure missed you and your beautiful roses! Glad to see you back, at least if only for a while : ) I love your new Floribunda, it is so cute. Keep posting, and I'll pray for a cool down for you!

Jen

• cyberianblonde
    17 years ago

Beth,
    I too am one who really enjoys seeing your lovely roses.
    I don't post too often but when I see you have posted pics I can't WAIT for them to open. They are always always stunning. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. And I sure hope the heat lets up for all of you out there on the west coast soon. It must be BRUTAL!
    Sending cool gardening wishes your way.
    Becky

• zeffyrose
    17 years ago

Beth---Your roses are so beautiful.

I'll be happy when your new watering system is set up so you have more time to post pictures of your lovely roses.

Thanks for sharing these with us.

Florence

• michelle_co
    17 years ago

Hi Beth,

Could your unknown be Touch of Class (HT)? It's an orange/pink blend with silver/cream highlights as the blooms open fully. I have a similar HT, and that seems to be what it is.

Cheers,
    Michelle

Here is a link that might be useful: Touch of Class on HelpMeFind.com

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    17 years ago

Beth,
    Thanks for the great pictures. We do really need you. Each time one of us thinks we have too many, there is always a Beth post to put things in perspective.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    17 years ago

Great Scott is awesome. So glad you are posting again.

• patricianat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Beth, thank you for responding. I enjoyed your posts as always. I agree that looks like Touch of Class. Outstanding. Further down the way (nobody looks at my pictures over here) I posted Bobbie Darleen which is a sport of Touch of Class, in which you might be interested as I know you are wont to have them all.

• bethnorcal9
    17 years ago

Well you guys, luckily the heat has calmed down a bit for a few days. I think we're in the high 90's now. LOL I still gotta get the watering system at least halfway done tho, because our oldest son is moving down to Riverside this weekend and we have to help with the move, along with his girlfriend's parents. We'll be gone 2 1/2 days, and that's too long for the roses to go without water!! I may have to just put some oscillating sprinklers out on the timers and let 'em water all over for one day. Guess that can't hurt too much. Better than letting them dry up. The younger son may be going with us, so there won't be anybody here to water!! Yikes.

Michelle and Patricia, do you really think this could be TOC? I tried to get it several times the last few yrs and it always either died or was one of those mismarked bagged bareroots that ended up being something else. Maybe one of the "other" roses ended up being TOC!! I always thought it had more pink than this tho. I guess I should check and see how much powdery mildew it gets, because I understand TOC is highly prone to it! (And I don't spray) BOBBIE DARLENE is really pretty Patricia.

Sorry if I don't answer you all by name, but do know I appreciate all the warm and wonderful comments from you all! It's so nice to be missed. You guys are all great!

• michelle_co
    17 years ago

Touch of Class has mahogany new growth. Mine flowers in apricot, peach, or orange shades... It's doesn't look very pink to my eye (especially not next to John Cabot). The highlights on it are silver-ish. Not tending to yellow or pink.

Did you check out the photo tab on HelpMeFind.com? Some of the photos look so similar to your Mystery Rose. :-)

Cheers,
    Michelle

• kathy9norcal
    17 years ago

I am here, too! It has been a busy time for me and I have barely had a few minutes to log on and check the forum now and then--but, I did learn how to dry roses right on the bush. I went to San Diego to spend 3 days with my daughter a week ago, only to come home to a devastated garden suffering from days and days of 110 degree weather. All the flowers dried up on the bush, and with no time to deadhead since (as there was a wedding in LA the next weekend), it remains a total embarrassment to me. No photos for a while, til I get out there and deadhead and they can start growing again. The only bright light in the garden is my standard Black Cherry in full bloom right now.

My garden has gotten the best of me and I can't keep up with it. It has been truly frightening and I have even contemplated downsizing it. I have filled a small yard to the brim and it is too much, if I want to have a life that includes things other than daily gardenwork.

Also, I felt I should take a break from posting roses, as I always seem to be posting the same roses and I don't want to bore folks.

Thanks for thinking of me, Patricia. I will get a handle on things and be posting and back regularly after a while, I hope.

Kathy

• patricianat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I wub you both and glad to know that you are all right. Kathy, I know about the garden. Intense heat for weeks. All my roses were fried, died and laid to the side. My blooms were krispy kritters.

• bethnorcal9
    17 years ago

Hey Kathy, I know exactly what you mean!! I need to downsize, but I just keep adding! This upcoming trip to SoCal is really scaring me! I really would prefer my younger son stay here and water what I don't get on the drip system, but his brother wants him to come along. I just know something will go wrong. We also have animals that need caring for. The dog will definitely have to go to my mom's, and I guess the cats will be ok for two days, altho I have one male who is skin and bones and probably has cancer. My husband says we might come back to a dead cat. That would be horrible. Anyway, I'm glad at least that the weather has cooled down a LOT now.

• elgrillo
    17 years ago

Glad to see you are both lurking about. I think that Beth's Joshua Bradley is one beautiful rose.

Gary

• onewheeler
    17 years ago

Thanks for drawing those ladies out Paticia, thanks Beth for posting and Kathy dear we never get tired of seeing your roses more than once, they are all so beautiful. things are slow around all the forums this summer, the heat seems to have everyone whipped and struggling to keep their gardens going.

Valerie

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company