SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

I am so going to try to cheat - jar tomato sauce

Funkyart
4 months ago
last modified: 4 months ago

I was down with a stomach bug for 2 days which delayed my booster shot-- not feeling too under the weather today but I've lost 2.5 days of holiday prep time (also had work issues to deal with even though I am "off")

So to streamline the food prep I need to do for Christmas eve, I am trying out a premium jarred sauce today-- Mutti brand marina. Anyone use it? It gets some really good reviews. It will be delivered soon and I will give it a taste.

Any other jar sauce you highly recommend? It will be used with meatballs if that makes a difference (I will make the meatballs from scratch).

My second option is to make a quick pomodoro sauce which is pretty simple-- but at this point, I would rather not take on the sauce as well as the meatballs. Am I making a mistake?

FWIW this is not a big food holiday for us-- italian is just easy and pleases even the littlest family members. There will also be sausage in sauce and stuffed shells (made by others) as well as plenty of appetizers and holiday sweets.

Comments (44)