SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherry7bnal

Christmas Tree Question for 2024

Sherry8aNorthAL
4 months ago

Christmas 1970 & 1971 we had an aluminum tree with color wheel and blue ornaments. We we thought we so whatever. 1972 & 1973 we had a real tree. In 1974 we bought an artifical tree from Kmart. Pull out of box and insert the top. We used it for quite a few years until the branches went completely flat.

I bought a new artificial tree that I have now. Probably purchased in the 1990"s. Very expensive at that time, but harder to put together. It looks fine when everything is on it.

I have been playing with the idea of a real tree for several years. I have a good tree yard to purchase from, but of course they are expensive. I consider the fake tree I have now as free. I am not going to buy another fake tree.

I would like input from everyone for next year. Just your thoughts, no right or wrong answer.

Fake tree Positives: free, non flamable. Can put up and take down anytime, Looks okay after eveything is on it.

Negatives. Does not smell real and is not real. It still sheds fake needles like a real tree.

Real tree positives: Is real. Smells good. Do not have to store.

Negative: Cost. Have to water. Will have to buy tree stand. Maybe bugs hatch out?

I used to put up the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and leave up until New Years, but I am still working on it today, so 2 weeks before Christmas.

What do you have and what are your positive and negative thoughts? I do have LED lights now.

Comments (43)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH