SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iris_hendry

Secret Santa Seed Swap 2023 Sign Up & Wishlists

iris ( Zone 7 Southern Maryland )
5 months ago
last modified: 5 months ago

So glad to see so many posting who are looking forward to this swap !

Please use this post to sign up by posting your wishlist. ( I will post another Secret Santa thread for thanking everyone) If you belong to any garden groups please invite them to sign up, the more the merrier !

DEADLINES:

I'll send the address list by Dec 3 - I will do it old school again and email just a list, not a word or excel doc

You may send your cards out any time after getting the address list.

Guidelines:

1. Please be kind, my workdays are still long Monday - Friday but I will respond to any questions as soon as possible.

2. Sign up by posting your wishlist. Keep it as generic ( red slicing tomatoes) or specific (Cherokee Purple tomatoes) as you'd like. Asking for specific varieties may mean you get exactly what you want, but more general requests may be easier to fulfill.

After posting your wishlist, send me an email ( popandiris @ gmail.com ) with the following information:

Name

Address

City, State Zip Code

Screen Name

3. Once everyone signs up, I'll send out the master list of addresses on Dec 2 or 3 . Check your address if it's correct. Please email me as soon as possible if its not of if you are not on the list and should be.

4. Mail out your cards anytime after receiving the address list.

5. Please be sure to use the Thank you thread to say thank you for the seeds and cards you receive.

Enjoy the swap and i hope everyone has a safe, healthy and very Merry Christmas !

Comments (74)

• iris ( Zone 7 Southern Maryland )
    Original Author
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

LAST DAY TO SIGN UP !! Please post your wishlist and send your info to me ASAP if you want to join in ! So exciting to see everyone signing up, some new names and some familiar, love it !

If your name is not here and should be. please let me know asap !

UPDATE ! Here is who I have received addresses from:

jq_sen39

bluee19
    Stacy Garcia

roper2008
    Mcc371
    heavenlyfarm
    Smitties
    apoppyfeld1
    heavenlyfarm
    jas_il
    Gary

feebean

audrey_gw

l1oness

mtprairiewinds

Hannah O

jlhart

yotetrapper

HU-737528097

SolovelyLily

darlynhall

...and myself of course !

Original Author
    4 months ago

Here is my wishlist:

Black eyed susans

vincas

coreopsis

any short/dwarf variety flower

Any flower that bees and butterflies love

Zinnias

Coleus

Coneflowers

Borage

Salvia - does anyone have Yvonne's Salvia ?

Butterfly Weed

Cucumbers

lemongrass

any herb

any tomato

jumbo pink banana squash

North Georgia candy roaster squash

any sweet pepper

watermelon

surprise me !

• Related Discussions

11th Annual Secret Santa Seed Swap

Q

Comments (9)
    PLEASE join the swap thread for this years swap...says 2019
    ...See More

11th Annual Secret Santa Seed Swap

Q

Comments (349)
    Sorry I'm late on acknowledging 3 cards and saying thank you for some lovely seeds! January was a bit hectic for me but now I'm looking forward to planning my 2019 garden! Patrob- thank you for the lemon thyme, cosmic purple carrot, Pac Choy, and black seeded simpson lettuce. I'm excited for all of them! Tammy (mcc371)- thank you for the oriental greens and crystal apple cucumber! Excellent choices! DirtDaddy- thank you for the great selection of lettuce, red varieties are a particular favorite of mine, and French Sorrel!
    ...See More

Secret Santa 2021 Rules & Wishlist

Q

Comments (246)
    Gary it took me a couple days to process just how many amazing gems were in that package! Of course I love the tomatoes, but thank you so much for also including so many other goodies from my wishlist- summer squashes, winter squashes, all kinds of purple stuff, fun hard to find herbs, creamy zinnias, even Italian white sunflowers, looking forward to them all. Thanks for filling my garden!!
    ...See More

SECRET SANTA SEED SWAP 2022 SIGN UP , RULES AND WISHLIST

Q

Comments (73)
    Hello everyone. i apologize for the delay in responding. i have been having health issues off and on. Thank you for the amazing packages that everyone sent me. Special thank you to Gary Fitzgerald for the amazing package! i am still reeling over the varieties of seeds you sent. wish me luck this summer to get them all planted. thankful for all the amazing gqrdeners in this group. sen
    ...See More
  • Melinda Hagen
    4 months ago

Asters

Poppies

Zinnia

Tomato--stump of world, yellow pear, any of your favs

Gomphrena

Petunias

Smapdragons

Any of your favorite flower,or veggie. Esp. container ones

Kale

Colors

Gaillardia

Rudbeckia
    Rus

Original Author
    4 months ago

ONE MORE UPDATE ! Here is who I have received addresses from:

jq_sen39

bluee19
    Stacy Garcia

roper2008
    Mcc371
    heavenlyfarm
    Smitties
    apoppyfeld1
    heavenlyfarm
    jas_il
    Gary

feebean

audrey_gw

l1oness

mtprairiewinds

Hannah O

jlhart

yotetrapper

HU-737528097

SolovelyLily

darlynhall

rane grow aka Iris :-)

Melinda Hagen

gardengirl 37232

Melinda, please post your wish list asap :-) If anyone needs to edit their wishlist , now is the time ! So excited to see so many joining in, its going to be a fabulous holiday season sharing our garden with others and it will be exciting to check our mailboxes !

Original Author
    4 months ago

Hi again everyone, I have emailed the Address List to everyone, please check to make sure you received it and your address is correct. Let me if you do not receive it or if your address needs correcting. Everyone can now mail your cards ! I will start a new thread for the Thank yous in a few days. Merry Mailing !!!

• yotetrapper
    4 months ago

Received the addresses and mine as well as my mom darlynhall's are both correct.

It'll be a couple weeks before I mail out as I have vacation coming up and plan to do it then. But I guess that's okay as it spreads out the timeframe of people receiving cards.

• colcol
    4 months ago

I see I'm not on the list. I'll email you again.

• jq_sen39
    4 months ago

Hi Iris

Thank you for spear heading Santa swap again this year.

I received the email with the address list and mine is correct. 😊

I will be mailing the seeds out within the next 7 days.

Sen

Original Author
    4 months ago

Colcol,

I am so sorry I missed your info ! I have added you and resent. Will everyone please be sure to use the list that says UPDATED ? There are 25 names on the updated list. Colcol is #25. If you did not get an UPDATED list or your address is not correct or the list does not show Colcol as #25 please let me know and I will correct and resend.

• bluee19
    4 months ago

address correct for mine and received the updated list that has 25 names on there

Thank you Iris!!

• Gary Fitzgerald
    4 months ago

So, who is new this year?

• HU-737528097
    4 months ago

I am! got the email! do i pick and choise or respond to rhose that i have seeds that match their interests? have done seed swaps before but not like this. thanks, Sara

• Gary Fitzgerald
    4 months ago

Sara,

Lindt or Ghirardelli?

• bluee19
    4 months ago

HU-737528097 (Sara) ~ you can choose whomever you would like to send to. You can send one card with their seed wish or you can send more than one card/seeds. Its up to you.

Also, Secret Santa Gary is asking you which brand of chocolate you like :)

• jas_il
    4 months ago

Iris, My address is correct. I got the address list. Thank you.

• roper2008
    4 months ago

I’ll mail out mine in waves, as I finish them. That’s easiest for me.

• Stacy Garcia
    4 months ago

I got the updated list 2 days ago. My address is correct. I'll be mailing out everyones seeds/cards in waves.

• colcol
    4 months ago

My addy is correct too. I like the waves routine too. Deliveries up til Christmas and maybe even after :)

• SoLovelyLily
    4 months ago

Received updated list #25 on it, I’ll be sending mine in waves starting this week.

• SoLovelyLily
    4 months ago

My daughter Hannah O is new this year to the Santa swap. She and I both love to send out cards, she’s excited to be participating 💕

• HU-737528097
    4 months ago

Cant figure out how to comment, lol

Ghiradelli thanks!

• colcol
    4 months ago

I wanted to say if ANY of what I send out ends up postage due, you MUST please let me know. I just mailed some that should be 'large flat' (over 1/4" thick) and not 'parcel'; but you never know what the receiving post office will interpret them as. So, please please let me know if that happens.

• Stacy Garcia
    4 months ago

I just NOW noticed that Michael Haftl name is on the address list twice.

Original Author
    4 months ago

I've been battling a cold for the past 10 days and I think the cold meds are affecting me, sorry about that.

• jq_sen39
    4 months ago

Hope you feel better Iris! Thank you for doing this for the group! 😊

Welcome all new members to our swap! I look forward to the swap every Christmas. It’s so much fun.

• Stacy Garcia
    4 months ago

I totally understand Iris. Hope you get to feeling better super duper soon!!!

• apoppyfield1
    4 months ago

Colcol, (Coleen), I don't see your wish list.

• jq_sen39
    4 months ago

Mailed out my cards and seeds today!
    Happy gardening!

• colcol
    4 months ago

apoppyfield1 -- I'm between Smitties and Stacy Garcia. :)

• apoppyfield1
    4 months ago

Oh I found you and I just got your card today. Thank you so much for the Queen Lime Zinnias. Just what I wanted and more varieties than I ordered. I hope they come true from seed. Poppy

• colcol
    4 months ago

apoppyfield1 -- Well, they were open pollinated, so... I'm not sure. I planted the Queen Lime varieties in tire planters in the front yard and they were the only zinnias in front. The other varieties were in back yard.

• roper2008
    4 months ago

Has anyone received some of my cards yet?

• Stacy Garcia
    4 months ago

15 cards has been mailed out so far. More will be mailed out tomorrow. :)

• smitties
    4 months ago

Linda, I received one and you will find my thank you on the thread that was started for thank yous. :)

• jq_sen39
    4 months ago

Received my first Christmas card! Thank you Margo for the tomato seeds and the beautiful card. Merry Christmas to you too! 😊

• mtprairiewinds
    4 months ago

My first Christmas card arrived today. Thanks Hanna!

• SoLovelyLily
    4 months ago

Cards have gone out to everyone on the list😎Thank you Margo, my first card received will post a picture tomorrow. Merry Christmas Margo hope you are enjoying your first Christmas 🎄 in your new home.

• yotetrapper
    4 months ago

Just checking in. I haven't received any cards yet but I haven't sent mine yet either. They will all be going out within the next 2 days.

• Stacy Garcia
    4 months ago

I mailed out more cards/seeds. Some will be mailed out late. I will be posting my 2 thank yous later on today. ;)

Original Author
    4 months ago

Good morning everyone, i just wanted to make sure everyone is using the updated address list that includes colcol ? And, I also noticed yesterday that I was having a hard time seeing everyones' wish lists while double checking them as I was finishing my cards. Halfway down the page here Houzz had condensed our wishlists so some were " hidden " , there is a link on the left side of the page that says See 14 more comments that you have to click on to see ALL the wish lists. Just wanted to make sure everyone is seeing them all ? I hope you are all enjoying the swap. Just a few more days till the big man in the red suit will be here. I cannot wait to see my grandkids when we see them on Christmas Eve.

• Gary Fitzgerald
    4 months ago

I'm running late, as usual. I won't be able to send out anything until after Christmas, and many will go into the new year.

• SoLovelyLily
    4 months ago

Yes strangely I sent out to everyone received 4 cards so far, must not be as many participating this year, or I know it’s expensive to mail to everyone 🎄Merry Christmas and Happy New Year my garden friends🎄🎄🎄🎉🎉🎉

• Stacy Garcia
    3 months ago

I sent mail to everyone and some still haven't recieved mine yet.

• Darlyn Hall
    3 months ago

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! Sorry my thank-yous are so late. Our mail was running extremely slow over the holidays, and I received most of my cards after Christmas! Then it's been one thing after another, including my kitten being stuck 40 feet up in a tree for 3 days, (she's down now)! So, here we go:

Thank you, Sara, for the pretty card with a cardinal in a birdhouse on a snowy branch. Inside, we're Halloween Blend pumpkins, Daisy gourds, purple Asters, catnip, a flower called Blue Mist and Lavender. Thank you so much!

Melinda sent me white pumpkins and Casper pumpkins in a sweet card with a teddy bear by a fireplace! Thanks, Melinda!

Iris sent me a card with a gingerbread boy surrounded by Christmas cookies and candies. Inside we're Northstar Bell peppers and Meteor Zinnias. Thank you so much, Iris!

Mandy sent me English Lavender in a cute card with a palm tree and a stocking. Thank you!

Yotetrapper, (Angela, who is also my beautiful daughter), sent me a pretty, old-fashioned snowy scene of a Christmas tree farm card. Inside we're 2 packages of Peaches and Cream sweet corn, a Straight-8 cucumber seed starting kit, huge Zinnias, Jack-Be-Little pumpkins, white winter squash, Festival winter squash, decorative white pumpkins, and I think there were more! My kittens got into my cards before I wrote my thank-yous and mixed everything up!! Thank you so much, Angela! I love you!

Stacy sent me a card with a cute decorated Christmas tree on it, and inside we're gourds, crooked necked squash, Early, white bush Scallop squash and Butternut Squash. Thanks, Stacy!

Kim sent me a jolly, sparkly gingerbread man card with Daydream Cosmos and Snowball pumpkins inside. Thanks so much!!

Colleen's card was a sparkly snowman looking up at the Christmas star. Inside we're Bernard's giant wine Zinnias, Birdhouse gourds, giant purple zinnias Tall yellow marigolds,

Polar Bear zinnias.

Thank you, Colleen!

Nicole sent me a Christmas tree card including Hawaiian orange marigolds, Sugar and Spice marigolds, Candy Cane zinnias, (my favorites), and French marigolds. Thank you so much!

I think I got everyone!! If you sent me a card, and I didn't thank you, please let me know! I hope everyone has a blessed and Happy New Year!

• bluee19
    3 months ago

Remailed jq sen card and sorry for the delay.

• jq_sen39
    3 months ago

Thank you Bluee19. Will update as soon as it comes.

• Gary Fitzgerald
    3 months ago

I'll have to post all of the names, about a half dozen (plus?), of the cards and seeds that I received. That's after I sort out the mess of mixing two swaps together.

I've yet to send a single card/package out, but the will be coming, just don't know when. :(

• Stacy Garcia
    3 months ago

Gary Fitzgerald hope you got mine.

• bluee19
    3 months ago

Jq_sen did u ever get the card i remailed?