SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Progress report on dining room restoration, post-Hilary

Lars
6 months ago
last modified: 6 months ago

This morning (at 11) we started getting our dining room furniture back from storage, now that the walls, ceiling, and roof have been repaired. The good thing about this is that we were able to get new color in this room, as I never liked the orange color it had before. However, I did learn that the orange color on the walls was enhanced by the light bulbs in the recessed lighting that were old and orange appearing, not to mention the orange shades on the fixture above the dining table.

Here are some photos of how it looks now - still a work in progress:

We moved the elliptical machine from the living room, since we will not be reinstalling Kevin's huge drafting table, which he now wants to sell.

View from the living room - the boxes contain books that we have not unpacked yet.

We are very happy with the dark color that I chose for this room. Initially, I had planned to paint this room a very pastel shade of the same hue, but I am glad that we waited and chose the darker version.

I installed the new pendant a couple of days ago and spent quite some time deciding exactly what length I wanted each pendant to be, and I am very pleased with the results. The previous pendant hung down way too low, and I was constantly hitting my head with it while working on sewing projects in this room. I am much happier now that it is not in my way. The bottom pendant is 36" above the dining table.

More photos to follow.

Comments (43)