SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jehanne_hansen

who can install new water heater

claudia valentine
6 months ago

I am trying to get a new gas water heater installed before the one we have now goes out completely. I called a plumbing company and they sent me an estimate that would have me paying out about $7000 for a new heater!!!! I think that is a bit high. They seperate the labor and the price of the heater. When the guy they sent out quoted the price, he said nothing about the fact taht did not include labor. And the guys seemed to know next to nothing much about much. so, not inspired with confidence!

After some searching around I dont think that I care much for how this company presents and have a quick distrust of them, so will get another estimate

Here is my question....cant you buy your own heater and hire someone to install it?

I looked at HomeAdvisors by Angi and it looks like they have a seperate way to hire an installer after you buy the appliance.

Has anyone used this service? It looks like it might be somewhere close to $1,000 installation.

It looks like I could get a water heater for somewhere around $3,000. Mine has to have what is called "fan assist" as it vents out the side of the basement wall.

Gotta love a guy who has his own tools and knowledge and knows how to use them!!! I dont have one of those, but my dad was one of those guys. My son in law installed his own, but I dont want to put that resposibility on him. I want to be able to hold someone accountable if something goes wrong.

How do you go about buying a heater yourself and finding someone to install , other than Angi? Any advice?

Comments (38)