SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rwargo_4

Entryway Lego Workspace?

Robyn
6 months ago

So we have this funny space in our entryway that has evolved over time, and I am looking to make a change with it. It is right next to our front door, but currently is a drop zone for random things and is always cluttered. It needs to serve a purpose! In the past, it has held lockers that guests have used to hang coats, but it was converted into a workspace during COVID. We really only use the front door to accept deliveries since EVERYONE comes through the garage and mudroom, and have a huge closet right next to it so it doesn't need to hold guest coats, etc.

I would love to turn it into some sort of LEGO workspace for my kids, but I am putting too much thought into it! I'm thinking about having more shelves put up for storing builds that they want to display, and having storage drawers/cabinets down below. Or maybe some sort of cabinets up top that can store their builds but would be concealed.

*Is it weird to have legos right when you walk into someone's home?

*Would it look weird to have built-in cabinets in that space when there is a huge closet right there? I LOVE the overall look and cabinets in the attached photo - how the cabinets have that texture/pattern instead of glass or completely concealing what is behind it.

*Or maybe a worktable on wheels using IKEA's Trofast system would be cool here? Using the last photo as an idea, it could be rolled into the entryway if the kids want more space, and then rolled back when they are done?

*Don't mind the photos - I want to replace basically everything in the entryway, and the dog crate will be moved!

*Any other thoughts about what that little space could be? I've seen little reading nooks which might also be cool, with comfy seating and shelves behind to store books.

I just don't know what I want with this space. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:)

rwargo_4's ideas · More Info

The weird space - needs help!

Entryway - ignore the terrible lighting and decor!

Love this whole overall moody look!

Build something like this and add wheels?

Comments (4)