SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_521738976

front door - inside and outside colors

HU-521738976
7 months ago

I’m in the process of replacing my front door. It is an old wooden door that I actually love, but unfortunately it is only 32” door in a 36” frame. Because the door is so small, we struggle getting furniture into our house. After extensive research, I’m pretty set on a provia fiberglass door in the same kind of prairie glass style. As much as I’d love a wood door, everything I read says it will warp with heat build up. I’m pretty set on the storm door since the front door is often open when we are home and my dog likes to lay in the sun at the door. Then we close it at night and the frosting provides enough privacy.

My question is, do I go with green exterior door and storm door that I had or use this opportunity to change things up? Replacing the siding is not in the cards, but we have plans to redo the posts and railings since they are in poor shape. I’ve always liked the look of the green door, posts and shutters but am just considering my options since I don’t plan to purchase a new door anytime soon.

My other question regards the interior color. I got color samples of all of the wood stain options and unfortunately the lightest wood stain option just looked too orange in the space. I tried to send the company a sample of our white oak railing to try to match that, but they weren’t able to. Do I just go with white? I plan to have the glass frosted and worry that the white won’t have the nice contrast between wood and glass that our current door has.

If I go with white, do I get a solid fiberglass door as opposed to wood grain? I like the wood grain, but their visualizer on the website makes it hard to tell what the white painted wood grain will actually look like. My other concern with white is that it won’t match our white trim.

It wouldn’t let me add more than 4 pictures on the app, so I just added the stain options in a poll. There’s also a picture of a light wood interior door that is similar to my original goal.
My husband and I also recently made a new number sign that is in the poll and plan to replace the mailbox. He made a wooden one, but it came out gigantic and I’m still trying to decide on a new style.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (4)