SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
william_rowley75

DIY backyard ideas that don’t cost a fortune. 65’x25’ft

Hello everyone! I'm seeking some input and advice on a DIY project I'm planning. I'm renting a home on a spacious six-acre property, but I need to create a fenced-in area for my dog and a safe play space for my daughter. Hiring professionals and buying new materials can be expensive, so I'm looking for cost-effective solutions. My budget for this project is $1500. Additionally, I have a septic tank in the backyard, and I'm unsure if that affects the project. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Grass:
I'm considering using fake grass or real grass for the play area. Does anyone have experience with either option? Which one would be more suitable for a DIY project like mine? Also, are there any specific considerations I should keep in mind regarding the septic tank?

Fencing:
In terms of fencing, I'm open to suggestions on affordable yet durable materials. I'd love to hear about any DIY fence-building techniques that have worked well for you. Any tips on how to ensure privacy within a limited budget would be fantastic!

Conclusion:
Thank you in advance for your input and advice! I'm excited to embark on this DIY project and create a safe and enjoyable space for my family. Feel free to share any other tips or ideas that could help me stay within my budget while achieving my goals.

Total back yard that I plan to make private and landscape is 65x25’ft

Comments (48)