SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_135766448

Cooktop Vent Hood Placement ???

Pi_pumkin_sol3
8 months ago

I'm doing a remodel and I'm looking to purchase a Wolf Vent Hood to go over my 36" induction cooktop. The cooktop is placed in front of a fixed window, so I'll need the 42" island hood rather than the wall hood.

My ceilings are 9' high and the counter is 3' high.

Ideally, I want my vent hood to land 24" from the cooktop. I much prefer it closer than "average" aka the 36" that's typically advised, because I find it to work MUCH more efficiently landing closer to the counter. Being nearly 6' tall, there's also no risk of bumping my head with this lower positioning, nor any flame risk due to it being induction.

That said, I'm a bit confused on Wolf's wording for the "accessory flue extension" .

With my 9' ceilings and wanting to land the bottom of the hood at 24" above the counter, I will need the chimney to travel 48" down from the ceiling, or 4' .

However, Wolf's website says that "main" body accommodates a 23"-32" distance down from the ceiling, and the extender accommodates a 51"-59" distance, which completely skips over anything in the 40"-50" range, which is what I need for my 9' ceilings.

Is this a misprint on their site or is this how their product is designed?

I'm hoping being a high end product that Wolf is super customizable and I'm just not understanding correctly.

Does anybody have experience?

https://www.subzero-wolf.com/wolf/range-hood/42-inch-cooktop-island-hood-black

Comments (11)