SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

My Deleted Post 15

mantis__oh
8 months ago
last modified: 8 months ago

Seems early to be doing this. We now face abnormal heat in the coming week and a second week without any rain.

It seems that early blooms made the most favorable impression. It is painful to think back on the season with all its shortcomings.

Early, the old Star of India was especially saturated and opened well with many buds.

And for weeks, Painted *emon (rhymes with $emen) dazzled.

Dragon Nation, with its vigor, large flowers, and good height, was a focal point in the garden.

Spunky Girls, with its well-placed blooms, delighted early on, as one was fresh with hope, before the extent of the season's malaise was apparent.

Bean Green (insert an "m") did not disappoint

Free to Dance bloomed over a long time.

Soli Deo Gloria also continued its solitary blooms, deep and pure, over a long season. But increase is so slow, I fear I will be in a rest home before I see it at clump strength.

Late in the season, The Dream Society had a richness of color that seemed to exceed previous years.

Jellyroll Morton also was especially saturated and did not give up any height.

Logically Implied looked good.

It is difficult to photograph because of the shimmering pastel tones. In 2022, I captured it better. No reason to belabor photographing when you already have good photos.

Graphic Art looked better than ever, even after losing a piece in a trade in which I got the worse end.

The deep, velvety From Sea to Shining Sea, with its tall scape, looked good despite crowding from neighbors.

?iagra Falls had its best year yet, but perhaps in spite of the past season.

Sputnik in the early season was eye catching and avoided some of others' earwig damage because of its height.

Victoria Josephine seems to be a vigorous grower, and color holds well.

The performance of Riot Act made me consider that I may have overlooked a lot of Owens intros.

Belief in Vein was especially vivid a year after I had removed half of the clump.

Well, I exceeded the 10. My final thought is this: I enjoyed the warm February. Why do I have to live through a normal zone 5 winter (living in zone 6), with sustained cold and snow cover, just to have a decent daylily season?

Ruby Spider actually had a great year, with more blooms and fairly good height for that cultivar.

Comments (6)