SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vda11

help with azalea-how to get rid of lace bugs

Me 1 (zone 7b NY)
8 months ago

My beautiful azalea plant got lace bugs and I’ve read it won’t kill the plant I want to get rid of them (looks bad, is getting worse and don’t want it to spread to my other plants). after pruning it in spring right after it bloomed I tried to remove as much of damage as possible. Also sprayed at that time. The plant put out lots new healthy shoots. Then those started getting lace bugs damage. I’ve been spraying with neem oil solution, soapy solution, (even smth for fungus just in case). Nothing seemed to help much. Then got a spray for lacebugs for roses (the rose next to it got infected as well but the solution seemed to work for the rose and it’s now thriving again). But it didn’t seem to help with the azalea, although instructions said it would. And now I see big brown spots on the underside of the leaves. What could be the issue? Still lacebugs or something else? please help with any advice on how to manage the problem (there are still lacebugs typical damage plus now bigger brown spots on leaves). I’ve had this plant and it’s been doing great. Beautiful blooms in spring. Thank you

Comment (1)