SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kim_caracciola

Glass Install done WRONG!!’

Kim Caracciola
8 months ago
last modified: 5 months ago

Hi. We recently had bathroom install done. everything looked amazing!!!! I asked installer if tub was complete enough for my son to use and he said yes. shortly after we did that I saw multiple discolorations on tile? First I thiugh the dist from work and hidden the flaws, but soon I noticed that the 2 rows of tiles ABOVE the water fixtures were still 100% perfect how the entire accent wall use to look. To me it appears to be moisture underneath. the glass tile is manufactured by Sonomatiles in the PURE collection. I am not sure if the guy we hired to redo our bathroom had not worked with glass before, thinking there could be a few issues… do not know if he ised white thinset, directions in manufacturs page stayes you MUST seal before grouting, not sure if he did that… and after extremely close inspection i see holes/ cracks in the grout?!?!? Bathroom close to being done( or so we thought) but he still has not received full payment. we really like the person doing the work but clearly something went wrong!! When my husband pointed out to him, he responded the tile came that way😳… obviously not true, but if so why would keep installing damaged tile?!?? Looking for advice of how you belive this damage occured and what is the process to fix? Does the whole wall have to be taken down and redone, do new tiles have to be purchased? Any advice greatly appreciated!!! Trying to digure out how tonoost pics.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012