SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taryn_macdonald57

How long should my cabinet pulls be? (Pictures included)

Taryn MacDonald
8 months ago

Having a very difficult time selecting the lengths of my cabinet pulls. Generally, I prefer pulls over knobs and I like pulls that are proportional to the length of the drawer or cabinet

My main dilemmas are:

1. On the right side of where my stove will be, I have 3 drawers that are 31 inches wide. On the left, 3 drawers that are 24 inches wide. I originally abided by the rule of your pull being roughly 1/3 the length of the drawer, and had planned for 12 inch pulls on the 31 inch drawers and 8 inch pulls on the 24 inch drawers. However, I was told that my pulls should be the same length on either side of the stove so that the look is balanced and symmetrical. The problem is, the 12 inch pulls look too big on the 24 inch wide drawers, and I believe the 8 inch pulls will look too small on the 31 inch wide drawers.

2. I have heard that you should not have more than 3 pull lengths at the absolute most. However, my trash drawers are 12 inches wide and the small drawer in the area where the microwave is located is 15 inches wide. If I had 5 inch pulls on these drawers and on the small cabinets above the fridge and stove and under the sink, 8 inch pulls on all my upper cabinets and lower cabinets, and then three 12 inch pulls on the pots and pans drawers, is this too many lengths being incorporated?

3. Should I consider knobs on the smaller cabinets instead?

4. Any thoughts on hardware colour are welcome too. This is a difficult decision!

Many thanks in advance!

Comments (7)