SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pam_ohara83

Could I put a chaise sectional in front of fireplace? Need ideas.

Pam OHara
8 months ago
last modified: 8 months ago

This is my living area dilemma.. We are consolidating to living in the CO mountains full-time and need to replace the sectional that came with the property. Am I right that a sectional is the best for maximum seating??? I would love to have a wedge in the corner. I need a comfy seat with a spot for my tea on my right hand side and would love to recline or put my legs up.

The current sectional is 137" to where the cuddler is away from the wall (approximately under the left bottom corner of the picture behind the sofa), by 158" to the outer edge of the cuddler section that juts out. The other sides by 100-102 and is it’s all 38” deep and 34” tall.

The wall that runs into the fireplace is 16 ft. The wall from the corner to the wet bar is 152” but the wood under the railing stops at 125”. The wall that the tv and console are on is 11 ft. See my rough sketch of things.

I am thinking that a sectional with a longer side 136- 142" on the 16' wall that butts up to the fireplace and around 100" on the short side that gets near the wet bar. Utility wise I would love to have a chaise on the end in front of the fireplace as long as it is shorter that the 65" length of the front of the fireplace.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have!

I'm not sure why these didn't post initially.

My husband has insisted that we must live with the slate floors but I think I am going to at least get a quote to see what it would cost to put in hardwood.

Thanks all for the comments so far. I realize I have more decisions/changes to make overall to truly update the room.

Comments (5)