SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie_naert

Gold finishes in bathroom not matching

Kate Nae
9 months ago

I am struggling with my new primary bathroom. I had my heart set on all gold finishes and hardware. Everything in there is very white and light gray and light colored so gold seemed pretty and light to go with it. The cabinets are a white oak color, with a white quartz countertop. I chose all my stuff online in advance in order to have it all ready for the trades and builders. Once it arrived, we tucked it into storage here at the house to be ready when they needed it. I made the mistake of not laying all of them side by side together. I peeked at each when they arrived, but was like, oh yeah, that looks close. Well now they are all installed in my new house in my new bathroom and every single thing is slightly different!!!! Gold is so hard to match! Is this a design no-no??

My faucets are slightly a yellow gold. Standing tub filler by the soaking tub is a darker gold. The shower head and hardware is between those two. And then my lights have some gold but they almost look rose gold?!?! (These are driving me the most crazy)

We have yet to get a glass shower door installed. I chose a gold color online but now I’m worried it will be ANOTHER shade of gold that doesn’t match. I also have yet to choose cabinet hardware because I can’t figure out which shade of gold to do!!! And same for towel bar and TP holder and such. Everything I find, it seems that it is a different shade of gold. Is that fine? Do I make that my theme of the room? “Here’s my primary bathroom with 8 shades of gold finishes in it!” OR do I need to add a second metal, like black, and try and do some black AND gold finishes to distract from the fact that we have a mixture of various gold shades? Like black cabinet pulls, black shower door hardware, and then switch my lights to something with black and gold (since those are driving me most crazy?) And then leave the gold items that are already installed..?

Ugh. Idk. Help!

Comments (6)