SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_502753032

decor for small open dining room

me
10 months ago

Help please! I need ideas for decorating my small dining room. I purchased the house last year after it was partially renovated (kitchen was updated, floors replaced, and walls and trim painted), but all light fixtures were original 2003. The floors are all wood, trim is pure white, and walls are SW Agreeable Grey. The kitchen has white cabinets with black appliances, brushed nickel trim, granite is white with black and grey specs. The dining area is open to the kitchen and living area. I recently changed out the dining room chandelier, purchased new table and chairs, and added black pendant lights above the kitchen island.

The dining table is Bontempi Barone 63"x46" elliptical, Sand metal base, and chairs are white nubuck with sand piping. I'm considering adding a small sideboard for storage, but can't decide on basic black or colorful fun piece.

I need help with decor to bring the dining room and kitchen together. I like bright accent colors, especially teal. I'm also torn between colorful or neutral rug and wall art. Any ideas for rug, wall color, wall art, sideboard will be much appreciated! Window coverings will be next project!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz