SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmiti_89

Gaggenau EB333 or Gaggenau Vario 400 30 inches?

C M
11 months ago

I recently bought a new home. I really love Gaggenau appliances, it is what I had in my old flat, difference being that I had 24in convection oven. My new home is much larger and I have guests pretty frequently, so I want to step up my appliance game.

After doing some comparisons of the spec sheets I know that:

EB333 3.6 cubic ft,

Vario 400 24in 3.2 cubic ft,

Vario 400 30in 4.5 cubic ft

So if my deciding factor is cubic ft alone, clearly I go with the 400 30in, but it seems to me that the EB333 is marketed as the ‘iconic’ oven that is ‘the preferred choice for home chefs’ and I am curious to know why I would choose EB333 over the Vario 400 30in. Does it function better? Is there a better air-flow due to it’s panoramic shape? If the EB333 means a better cooking experience I might be willing to sacrifice cubic feet for quality/experience.

Other things to consider, if I go with the EB333 then I do not sacrifice a full sized pantry, where as if I go with the Vario 400 I will need to stack it with the combi-steam and will loose that cabinet space. (Choosing EB333 means that the oven will go under the cooktop and not stacked with the combi-steam wall oven)

Comments (6)