SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_975144171

grout over new cracked grout

lucky driver
10 months ago

on a newly installed tile backsplash, the grout between the backsplash and the quartz counter had a crack the entire 12 ft length just the day after install. on a separate wall, no issues. i have a call scheduled with the manager of the tile company tomorrow but was curious what the proper way to repair this is. the grout between all the tile appears to be ok but ill look again later to be sure.

secondarily and not as important was that when the counter was installed a few weeks ago, the installer blended the (caulk or whatever they used) adhesive that was between the cabinet pantry walls and the counter by using something to have the color match. basically no white line on the left and right sides of the counter. it was the same 'stain' color that the cabinets are. a nice touch to be sure. now the tile guy (same company) grouted over that guys work with bright grout and rather sloppily. you can see some of the old brown stain through it. i asked why he covered the other guys nice work. he said it needed grout so i didnt get crumbs stuck in there. gonna ask that be fixed too

Comments (8)