SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tony_dickson56

Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring On Stairs

Tony Dickson
11 months ago

Hello, I am hoping some people can confirm with me on this. My builder down in Fort Myers Beach hired a contractor to put in Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring all l through my home.. it looks great!!!! Except the stairs. The contractor hit each step with a couple staples.... .they claimed that is how they alwasy do it! Well some of the staples started to pop up... and even rust a little. Their solution was to use a punch to knock it down and then fill in with putty.... to which I can still see where they hit it with the finish nailer. All my research and tells me that they should only use glue.... then tape and weight it down.

The contractor said they needed to do this becuase some steps were not going to give a grab well and the nails were necessary.... I really don't buy that as this was a new build!

Anyways could I get someone to help me verify this so I can go back on them about his. I tried to get a hold of the MFG of the flooring to verify this... but they have not replied to my request.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths