SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Floof! Those "Zen" moments.

amylou321
11 months ago

A few days ago, I had one of those days. Those days when I am being productive nonstop. It all started at 5:30 am. I had already been awake for a few hours, as SO had left for work at midnight. I stayed up to watch the newest season of "The Great" on Hulu, and I was upset. Very VERY upset after one particular episode. I noticed the sun starting to come up and thought, well I need to turn this off and go handle the garden tasks NOW before it gets too hot outside. So I did. And then that turned into deep cleaning my house, because I was already dirty from the gardening, and then of course I had to do the laundry while I was cleaning because why not, and then I needed to clean out my car and detail it because I am 100% fed up with WAITING for my lawyer and Geico to reach a settlement so I am just going to go get it fixed myself and I do not want to drop it off to the body shop if it is not sparkling clean inside. (I found two reusable grocery bags full of holiday accessories in the backseat that need to be put back in their proper places anyway, until I need them again in a few months.) Trash day was the next day so I cleaned out the fridge and scrubbed it down. Then, while letting the dog out I noticed that the porch needed pressure washing. So I did that. Then I did the rest of the house because I was already at it. And it went on and on. The next day I had the same motivation but nothing more to do. I went outside and sat on the steps in our carport. It was raining. I sat and watched the rain for I do not know how long. I felt myself calm into a relaxation. And I wondered when the last time was that I just SAT STILL and did that. I could not remember. Later that night, the sky was clear. Me and SO went outside and stared at the stars. We live in the sticks and you can see them so well out there. I couldn't remember the last time I did that either. I used to do that all the time when I needed to calm down or get some perspective about something. I remember when we first moved there my first thought was to put a giant skylight in our bedroom so we could lay back and look at the stars without getting eaten alive by bugs. But since I sleep during the day that would have been a silly idea. Now I am considering putting one in one of the spare bedrooms.

When is the last time you watched the rain or stared at the stars? What other things do you do that give you that all over Zen feeling?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor