SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ben_tso

Help name this White Hybrid Tea

BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
last year
last modified: last year

Can you please help identify this rose? This rose came with the house. It is a white HT with a good size quality bloom on a rather tall plant. It has just a slight tea scent, not fruity or old rose at all.

The bloom is classic HT with a high center, perhaps 5” when fully open. Petals have good substance, and petal count is about 25-30. Definitely would be called white, but in spring there might be a faint pink pinpoint at the center, and a very faint apricot shading.

Every single bud is one-to-a-long-stem this spring, which I find unusual. I don’t recall any close bunched-up, jumbled clusters on it they way many white HTs get once the heat sets in in summer. Plant is quite generous with bloom and has good repeat throught the season.

Plant is upright and vertical, about 6’ tall

And here’s closeups of the foliage and bud:

What it’s not: this rose is not Sugar Moon, PJPII, Easy Spirit, Secret’s Out or Full Sail. I have or am very familiar with those varieties, and they are all in one way or another very different from this plant. It’s probably older than anything introduced in the last 10 or so years.

I have narrowed my guesses down to two varieties, but would like to hear other folks’ opinion first, unclouded by my thoughts on it. Thanks in advance!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County